Need to know where the best place to drop off, pick up, get a rideshare or taxi is? In an effort to provide you with a better theater going experience, Lyric Opera of Chicago in cooperation with the City of Chicago, implemented a special traffic control plan to help provide our guests with an improved travel experience when arriving and departing the theater.
See the map for additional information.
When Arriving to the Show
- Vehicle drop-offs will NOT be allowed on Madison Street in front of the theater entrance.
- All Drop-offs should occur along the curb lane on Southbound Wacker Drive near the theater’s main entrance. This area will be designated as a drop-off lane ONLY.
- No parking/standing of any vehicles will be allowed along southbound Wacker Drive in front of the Civic Opera House Building. This area will be designated as an unloading zone only.
- Valet Operation will remain the same. Patrons wishing to valet should proceed to the valet stand in the right lane. Please note that valet parking will be unavailable prior to 5pm for evening performances.
- Drivers please follow the directions as indicated on the dynamic message signs.
- Pedestrian access to the theater will remain the same.
When Leaving the Show
- Southbound Wacker Drive will be CLOSED TO ALL TRAFFIC in front of the theater except for weekday matinee performances. Southbound Wacker Drive will reopen approximately 30 minutes following the performance.
- Uber / Lyft Users: Direct your driver to pick you up on southbound Wacker Drive south of Madison Street. Use 10 S Wacker as the address. (see map)
- Taxi Users: Lyric Opera Taxi stand will remain the same and patrons should continue to use the Madison Street theater exit and line up in the lobby. Additional taxis will be waiting on Wacker Drive just south of Madison Street for a quicker egress if desired.
- Valet Users: Valeted vehicles will be parked on Wacker Drive in front of the theater. All valeted vehicles will be required to exit onto Northbound Wacker Drive via a U-turn. (see map)
- Charter Buses / Matinee Performances: Charter buses will be assigned a designated parking area. Lyric Staff will provide you with additional instructions upon arrival.
Click here to download PDF of Lyric's traffic control plan or see image below.