November 18, 2019
Bring magic, music, and memories to life this holiday season
The soul-stirring performances you experience at Lyric are made possible each year by the generosity of thousands of loyal patrons just like you.
As a nonprofit arts organization, Lyric depends on community support. People like you, from all walks of life, giving gifts of all sizes, cover nearly two-thirds of the costs of great opera.
This holiday season, add your voice to our chorus of loyal contributors by making a tax-deductible gift today. Then, sit back and enjoy your next performance even more knowing your generosity made it all possible.
Here are a just few examples of how your donation can help bring intricate set designs to life or cultivate an enduring love for opera in the next generation.
- A gift of $25 can help provide our Valkyries with the sheet music for Die Walküre. It's five hours long. That's a lot of paper!
- A gift of $50 could underwrite a ticket for a student to experience the magic of opera for the very first time.
- A gift of $100 could provide our orchestra musicians with new earplugs to protect their hearing through fifteen hours of often-roaring Ring cycle music.
- A gift of $250 can purchase a pair of tap shoes for a 42nd Street dancer so he or she can duck step, triple time, and shim sham across the Lyric stage.
- A gift of $500 can enable Cio-Cio San and Suzuki to shower the stage with delicate cherry blossoms during one Madame Butterfly performance.
- A gift of $1,000 could help outfit a chorus member for Don Giovanni’s masquerade because one must always be dressed to impress at a palatial wedding feast.
- A gift of $2,500 can help the stage crew purchase opera-house safe pyrotechnic supplies for Brünnhilde’s funeral pyre in Götterdämmerung.
- A gift of $5,000 could help transport elementary students and area seniors to the opera house because just getting here and back home again can be very challenging for these audiences.
- A gift of $10,000 can help fund acting and movement coaching for Ryan Opera Center fellows because great mad scenes and love scenes and fight scenes are way harder than they look.
- A gift of $25,000 could help underwrite adult education activities like pre-performance lectures and Opera Insider discussions.
- A gift of $50,000 can help us continue to modernize our stage’s infrastructure so we can safely and securely meet the needs of today’s vibrant and artistically innovative opera productions.
- A gift of $75,000 could sponsor the artist who will be singing your favorite arias in your favorite opera.
Your commitment to Lyric is what makes our world-class productions and arts-engagement activities possible each year. Thank you!