About the Lyric Chapters
In a Lyric Chapter, opera lovers of all ages get together to enjoy lectures, musical performances, events, volunteer opportunities, and each other's company. Each Chapter is chartered with the dual purpose of providing educational programs in their communities and raising money to support community engagement and educational programs at Lyric Opera of Chicago.
Your annual Chapter membership commitment includes $25 dues and a minimum contribution of $75.
Your spouse or partner is welcomed to join with an additional dues payment of $25.
You are welcome to join additional Chapters with an additional dues payment of $25 per Chapter.
- Barrington & NW Suburban
- Lake Geneva
- Near North
Chapter member engagement opportunities
- Educational and volunteer opportunities in your community
- Social gatherings with other opera lovers in your community
- Lectures, musical performances, and events
- Access to programs at all 9 Lyric Community Chapters
- Connection with a vast network of Chicagoland opera lovers
- Member pricing for any community chapter program, including those offered by other chapters
Upcoming Chapter events
March 21, 2021, 2:00 PM via Zoom
Mozart’s Women Book Discussion
In honor of Women’s History Month the Lyric Opera of Chicago’s Riverside Chapter is hosting a Book club discussion of Mozart’s Women by Jane Glover.
In this fascinating, evocative, and compellingly readable biography, Jane Glover, acclaimed conductor and Mozart expert, brings the remarkable ladies vividly to life—the real women who shared the composer's tumultuous world and inspired some of his greatest musical achievements, as well as those he dramatized in his magnificent operas.
- The Zoom link will be sent out in advance of the event
- Obtain book through your local library or purchase
- Contact Rick Greenman for more information email@example.com
March 21, 2021, 5:00 PM via Zoom
Near North Chapter
Fourth Coast Ensemble
Fourth Coast Ensemble is a classical vocal quartet specializing in the unique style and repertoire of vocal chamber music. Its repertoire spans the history of the genre, from Schubert and Brahms to composers of the present day. Founded in 2013, the ensemble commissioned its first world song cycle in 2018, I-Thou, by Chicago composer Wayland Rogers. Fourth Coast Ensemble is currently presenting its first ever live in HD season on fourthcoastensemble.com Artists: Soprano, Sarah van der Ploe has performed with the CSO, Royal Albert Hall, Wigmore Hall, Lake Forest Symphony, the Chicago Chamber Orchestra and Elmhurst Choral Union Mezzo-soprano, Bridget Skaggs has performed with Chicago Fringe Opera, Chicago Folks Operetta, Lake Forest Civic Orchestra, Baroque on Beaver Festival, Opera Steamboat, and the Pittsburgh Festival Opera Tenor, Ace Gangoso has performed with Chicago Symphony Chorus, Grant Park Chorus, and Chicago a cappella Bass-baritone, David Govertsen (alumnus of Lyric’s Ryan Center) has performed at Lyric, Chicago Opera Theatre, Santa Fe Opera and Carnegie Hall.
- Price: $20.00 When your check is received the link to the program will be emailed to you
- Reservations are due by March 17, 2021. Additional donations are always welcome, especially at this time! Mail check, payable to Lyric Opera of Chicago Near North Chapter to Erika Erich, 2650 N. Lakeview Apt 3502, Chicago, IL. 60614
- Questions to Erika Erich at firstname.lastname@example.org
Photos: Kyle Flubacker