About the Overture SocietyThe Overture Society consists of those esteemed supporters who have designated a special gift to benefit Lyric Opera of Chicago in the future through bequests, life insurance, IRAs, trusts, or other planned-giving arrangements. These generous gifts ensure our artistic progress well into the 21st century for the benefit of generations to come.
In addition, through a variety of "income for life" plans such as Charitable Remainder Trusts and Charitable Gift Annuities, donors can receive a steady stream of income for themselves or loved ones, along with substantial tax savings. Gift Planning at Lyric offers a unique way to make charitable gifts, and ensures financial security allowing Lyric to engage in long-range planning for future opera productions.
Overture Society Benefits• Invitation to an Overture Society Appreciation Luncheon with opera stars and dress rehearsal
• Individualized ticket service privileges
• Invitations to special events and performances not offered to the public, such as the Opera Ball, and the Board of Directors' Annual Meeting
• Special recognition in the season program
• Estate planning seminars and special notice of Tax Alerts
• Individualized estate planning assistance for charitable planned gifts
Bel Canto Benefactor BenefitsLyric also honors Bel Canto Benefactors, who have designated planned gifts of $100,000 or more and also contribute $2,000 or more annually to Lyric. Bel Canto Benefactors receive all the benefits of the Overture Society, plus these additional exciting benefits:
• Special recognition at the Overture Society Appreciation Luncheons
• Separate listing as a Bel Canto Benefactor on the Overture Society page of the Season Program and Lyric's Annual Report
• Eligibility to honor yourself or a loved one by naming a seat in the Ardis Krainik Theatre with a modest cash deposit