Time commitment: 14-25 hrs/week
Compensation: Course credit available; $30 travel stipend per week
Brief description of duties:
- Assist in the creation and execution of Lyric’s social media strategic plan, including community development/engagement, program promotion, growth of audience all with an eye to increased revenue generation and patron engagement.
- Develop social media messaging. Create attention-grabbing copy for all social channels, leveraging trends, news stories, media coverage, and more to drive the Lyric conversation on social channels.
- Create content specific to the Ryan Opera Center Facebook page
- Assist in the creation and nurturing of a Ryan Opera Center Instagram account
- Research and source appropriate photography assets for social media needs
- Identify, initiate, and execute promotional opportunities
- Act as the eyes and ears of Lyric by monitoring online conversations and responding in a timely manner, leveraging other Lyric staff when necessary.
- Coordinate needs and assist in day-of operations for special events for the Ryan Opera Center and general Lyric activities
- Pursuing undergraduate studies in marketing, communications or related field
- Interest in opera or the arts
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Excellent communicator both orally and writing skills
- Computer literacy is required, with an emphasis in the Microsoft Office suite
- Your knowledge and skills are equally distributed across social media platforms: blogging, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Trip Advisor and ones nobody else has heard of yet.
- Strong communication skills. You write equally well in long (multi-part blogs) and short (tweets) forms.
- Familiarity with social media analytics preferred
- Familiarity with Adobe Photoshop or other photo-editing software preferred
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter, denoting the position of interest, to email@example.com. Please include three writing samples: one tweet, one Facebook post, and one blog post (roughly 150-300 words) as well as your Twitter and Instagram handles (if public).