2021|2022 Impact Report
We are pleased to present the Impact Report for Lyric Opera of Chicago’s 2021/22 Season. Inside, you’ll find a recap of the company’s performances, community engagement, financials for the fiscal year that ended June 2022, and much more.
Highlights of the Season include:
- A return to live performance: The company presented 37 performances, including 6 mainstage operas—all new or new to Chicago.
- Enrique Mazzola completed his first full season as Lyric’s Music Director, just the third artist ever to hold that position with the company.
- Sunday in the Park with Lyric’s Rising Stars featured all 13 Ensemble members from the Patrick G. and Shirley W. Ryan Opera Center. The free and open-to-the-public concert at Millennium Park launched the city’s cultural season.
- Lyric Unlimited, the company’s Learning and Creative Engagement division, reached 35,000 students through streaming options, artist residencies, and a partnership with the Chicago Urban League.
- On social media channels, Lyric Opera of Chicago’s audience interactions exceeded the 1 million mark.
- Lyric Under the Stars, the annual gala hosted by the Women’s Board, raised $1.76 million, a brilliant start to the philanthropic year.