Social Media Coordinator
Position: Social Media Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Status: Full Time
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
The social media coordinator is an action-oriented position responsible for all aspects of Lyric’s social marketing. The position is charged with the development, implementation, and evaluation to maintain an active and engaging online presence for Lyric Opera of Chicago. This role will coordinate, prepare and optimize content. More specifically, the incumbent is responsible for researching, developing and writing content with the intent of facilitating engaging conversations amongst our followers on social media, and responding directly to any inquiry. The social media coordinator will ensure plans lead to long-term audience growth, increased patron engagement and executing successful promotions to attract new and retain current audiences. The incumbent must stay up to date with major social media updates and layout changes and use the platforms at their full capacity. In addition, the social media coordinator will use metrics to measure engagement and create reports to draw insights on how to maximize reach. Finally, the social media coordinator will determine how Lyric can best serve its audiences and increase the value of social media channels.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop and own Lyric’s social media strategic plan and roadmap, including community development/engagement, program promotion, growth of audience all with an eye to increased revenue generation and patron engagement.
• Serve as Lyric’s subject matter expert on social media, providing strategic guidance for execution and alignment with Lyric’s initiatives and mission.
• Create a common language, framework and policies across Lyric for social media use.
• Act as the voice of Lyric – nurture, respond to and engage with our communities across all social media channels.
• Act as the eyes and ears of Lyric by monitoring online conversations and responding in a timely matter, leveraging other Lyric staff when necessary.
• Create all social media messaging and content creation. Create attention grabbing copy for all social channels , leveraging trends, news stories, media coverage, and more to drive the Lyric conversation on social channels.
• Contribute to Lyric’s editorial and marketing campaign calendars.
• Create a series of regular reports that measure and provide feedback to senior leadership on the results of social media activation, engagement, sales etc.
• Leverage appropriate industry research, as well as best practices to ensure that social media strategy and programs resonate with, engage and motivate key audience segments.
• Assist in activating social media channels in the event of an issue or crisis.
• Ensure integration and collaboration across the organization so that social media is effective in reaching and engaging key audiences with brand messages in support of the business priorities.
• Identify new technologies and networks that can support Lyric’s digital strategy.
• As the business evolves, so may this role. These duties may change as Lyric’s leadership identifies the need at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Passion for the performing arts, especially opera.
• Knowledge and understanding of technology, search, new trends and the latest in social media innovation.
• 3 years of social media experience – you’re strategic with the ability to execute tactically.
• Familiarity with SEO and social media analytics.
• Your knowledge and skills are equally distributed across social media platforms: blogging, Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, YouTube, Trip Advisor and ones nobody else has heard of yet.
• Strong communication skills. You write equally well in long (multi-part blogs) and short (tweets) forms.
• Must be highly self-motivated, personally & professionally resilient and capable of working independently and collaboratively.
• Ability to occasionally oversee evening or weekend functions, deployments or performances.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward a resume and cover letter denoting the position of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Lyric Opera of Chicago, Attention: Human Resources, 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 860, Chicago, IL 60606.