Safety at Lyric
Your safety is our priority
Lyric is fully committed to the health and safety of everyone with whom we interact every day - our audiences, our artists, our technicians, our administrative staff, and all of the communities we serve throughout each season. We look forward to welcoming you to the Lyric Opera House.
Following the guidelines set forth by the CDC, the State of Illinois, and public health experts, during the 2022/23 Season Lyric will no longer require patrons attending performances to provide proof of full vaccination upon entrance to the theater. Masks will be recommended but no longer required while attending performances in our theater. We ask that you please respect your fellow patrons’ choices around wearing masks.
Health and safety protocols continue to be evaluated on an ongoing basis in cooperation with public health experts and may change in response to evolving conditions. We thank you for making Lyric a part of your life!
Additional theater safety standards at Lyric Opera House include:
- Contactless ticket entry via digital tickets that may be shown on your personal mobile device.
- Enhanced, hospital-grade cleaning practices.
- Upgraded ventilation systems with increased fresh air exchange.
- Hand sanitizing stations available in locations throughout the theater.
- Virtual streams of the 2022/2023 Season's shows for ticket holders as an alternative to attending in person, should ticket holders not feel comfortable returning to the theater.
- A vaccination policy remains in effect for all of our artists, staff, and company members.
- Flexible exchange policies: Not feeling well? Just give us a call. Our audience services team will be happy to work with you to exchange your tickets for another performance. (Fees may apply.)
Assumption of risk: There is an inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 in any public place where people are present. Those purchasing tickets to and attending Lyric Opera of Chicago events voluntarily assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
Photo: Darris Lee Harris Photography