Support Music That Moves You This Holiday Season
The magnificent singing you hear at Lyric Opera of Chicago throughout the season is made possible each year by the generosity of loyal patrons just like you.
Lyric is a non-profit performing arts organization whose ticket sales cover less than 50% of our operating costs. Please join our chorus of supporters this holiday season by making a tax-deductible gift to Lyric to support music that moves you. Gifts of all sizes made by people from all walks of life have a tremendous impact on Lyric’s success each year.
How much of an impact? Each year, thousands of opera advocates collectively contribute millions of dollars to champion their beloved art form. And in return, Lyric serves as one of the anchors of a thriving downtown arts district that injects $2.25 billion into the Illinois economy annually according to a 2018 study by the Chicago Loop Alliance. Every dollar invested in Lyric returns to the community twelvefold.
From bringing intricate set designs to life on stage to cultivating an enduring love for opera in the next generation, Lyric depends on patron support to ensure its continued success. Here are a few examples of how your generosity this holiday season will help ensure Lyric continues to have a place in the hearts of Chicagoans for generations to come.
- A gift of $25 can help provide the orchestra’s string section with all the sheet music they'll need to kick off the brindisi in La traviata.
- A gift of $50 can underwrite a ticket for a student to experience the magic of opera for the very first time.
- A gift of $100 could underwrite a kilt for one of the Highland fling dancers in Ariodante because we’ve been told that pants are for guys with ugly legs.
- A gift of $250 can help ensure that the stars shine brightly on Cinderella as she makes her way to the ball. After all, you wouldn’t want her magical carriage horses to get lost. Then she’d never meet Prince Charming.
- A gift of $500 can help Siegfried re-forge Nothung (his sword) so he can slay the dragon (Fafner), awaken the Valkyrie (Brünnhilde), and laugh at the gods.
- A gift of $1,000 could help outfit a chorus member for La bohème because looking your “bo-ho” best circa 19th-century Paris isn’t cheap.
- A gift of $2,500 can help the props team buy all the supplies needed to create enough fake blood for one Elektra performance. Trust us, there’s a lot of blood.
- A gift of $5,000 can help transport elementary students and area seniors to the opera house because just getting here and back home again can be very challenging for these audiences.
- A gift of $10,000 could help fund acting and movement coaching for Ryan Opera Center fellows because because great mad scenes and love scenes and fight scenes are way harder than they look.
- A gift of $25,000 can help underwrite adult education activities like Lyric Unlimited’s pre-performance lectures and Opera Insider discussions.
- A gift of $50,000 can help us continue to modernize our stage’s infrastructure so we can safely and securely meet the needs of today’s vibrant and artistically innovative opera productions.
- A gift of $75,000 can sponsor the artist who will be singing your favorite arias in your favorite opera.
Support music that moves you. Share your passion. Invest in excellence. Champion emerging talent. Donate to Lyric today.