Foundation and Government Grants Manager
Position: Foundation and Government Grants Manager
Reports to: Director of Corporate, Foundation, & Government Support
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Write grant proposals and reports for foundations and corporations to generate funding for Lyric Opera Annual Campaign – including Lyric Unlimited/Education programs, productions, special events and general operating support.
• Manage Tessitura-based grants calendar and track submission deadlines; coordinate efforts for completion of required applications/reports with staff across the organization as needed to ensure deadlines and grant obligations are met.
• Assist in creating and implementing improved systems and procedures to enhance existing donor relations and cultivation of new prospects (e.g. utilize Tessitura to its fullest capabilities, maintaining an organized archive or reference materials to support various grant processes).
• Actively research and identify prospective new sources of foundation and corporate support in coordination with research associate.
• Manage portfolio of foundation and government accounts by building and stewarding relationships with foundation and government representatives. Provide Bravo Circle ticket service for these accounts, including subscription and single ticket orders and exchanges, and Graham Room dinner reservations.
• Ensure accurate/appropriate recognition of corporate, foundation and government sponsors and support in the season program, Lyric Opera News, Annual Report, Opera House Signage, Tessitura, Lyric website, etc.
• Provide various written materials to support solicitation efforts of other Development staff.
• Complete special projects, assist with department-wide special events throughout the season, and perform other duties as assigned.
Management retains the option to change or add to the duties of the position at any time.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
Solid experience (2-4 years) in grant/proposal writing for nonprofits (preferably arts and/or arts education), along with knowledge of the philanthropic process and the local/national donor community. Strong organizational, interpersonal and creative oral/written communication skills are essential. Seeking candidate with a high degree of initiative, confidence and energy to set and achieve ambitious goals. Ability to meet deadlines and stage multiple projects efficiently is also crucial, as is ability to work collaboratively with others in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment. Familiarity with Tessitura and MS-Office products required. Background/interest in music and/or performing arts desired. Ability to work evenings and weekends during the opera season.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward a resume and cover letter denoting the position of interest to email@example.com or mail to: Lyric Opera of Chicago, Attention: Human Resources, 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 860, Chicago, IL 60606.