E-Marketing & Web Coordinator
Reports to: Director of Marketing
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
We are searching for a Web & E-Marketing Coordinator.
Please note: While a good design eye and understanding of social media are assets that are helpful for this position, this is neither a graphic design nor social media-based position. The role is responsible for e-marketing and daily web maintenance for this multi-department institution.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Maintain and update website content – including all text, images, and multimedia – using the company’s content management software program (Ektron).
• Administer the design, drafting, testing, and implementation of email marketing campaigns using email marketing software programs (WordFly).
• Create targeted email marketing lists using Lyric’s Customer Relationship Management database software (Tessitura) to extract relevant email addresses.
• Work closely with Marketing and Ticketing Department colleagues to implement transactional and other critical revenuegenerating functions of Lyric’s website.
• Work directly with external website vendor and software vendors, as necessary, to efficiently integrate ongoing software updates and new functionalities.
• Manage delivery and storage of multimedia files (videos, audio podcasts, etc.) for content marketing initiatives via Amazon’s enterprise storage service.
• Act as liaison with other Lyric departments regarding non-Marketing website content change requests to ensure that desired changes are appropriately processed; deploy email campaigns for other departments, as assigned.
• Create and administer online patron/donor surveys via Survey Monkey.
• Monitor best practices in website and e-marketing tools and strategies and proactively recommend adjustment as appropriate.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing or equivalent experience
• 2 to 3 years of professional experience in a marketing role; previous web editing and email marketing experience will be favorably considered;
• Strong oral/interpersonal communication skills, demonstrated project management capabilities, high level of attention to detail and ability to multitask in a fastpaced, deadlinedriven environment;
• Ability to write compelling web and e-marketing copy;
• Familiarity with CMS and mass email marketing software programs (Ektron, WordFly preferred) and with CRM database listbuilding/extraction tools (Tessitura especially preferred);
• Knowledge of HTML and Adobe graphics software is very desirable.
• Ability to occasionally oversee evening or weekend functions, deployments or performances.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward a resume and cover letter denoting the position of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: Lyric Opera of Chicago, Attention: Human Resources, 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 860, Chicago, IL 60606.