Reports to: Creative Project Manager
Time Commitment: 14-21 hours per week (Flexible scheduling)
Compensation: Course credit available; $30 weekly travel stipend
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
This internship will provide the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in Lyric’s Marketing Department. This position will support all major areas of Marketing Production, including show program creation and coordination, display design and organization, research, technology integration, and direct mail project coordination
PROJECTS/DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist in the creation and distribution of program books for the season’s operas
- Serve as a second point of contact for creative services and print production such as proofing, routing, scheduling, project planning, and monitoring quality control
- Set up various displays around the opera house
- Serve as production liaison between internal departments
- Production research and general office tasks
- Additional projects as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Preferably pursuing a degree in marketing, communications, business, graphic design, or related field.
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented, and have excellent organizational and problem-solving skills.
- Candidates must have excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Computer literacy is required, with an emphasis in Google Drive and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Ideal candidates will have a strong work ethic with sensitivity to confidential information and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team.
BENEFITS OF MARKETING PRODUCTION INTERNSHIP:
The experience of interning at Lyric Opera of Chicago is much more than just daily office work. Interns will gain firsthand knowledge of marketing production in one of the country’s leading opera companies with some of the most experienced, thoughtful, and creative professionals in the industry. Interns will have the opportunity to follow the production of marketing materials from pre-design planning through to final production of print pieces. There is no pouring coffee and mindless filing here!
Interns will also get a chance to work with various departments within Lyric including graphic design, sales, public relations, production, and marketing, and gain experience working in Chicago’s performing arts industry. Some of these benefits include mentoring, complimentary tickets and ability to attend dress rehearsals, backstage tours, and networking opportunities.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and cover letter, denoting the position of interest, to firstname.lastname@example.org.