Internship title: Special Events Intern (Development)
Supervisors: Senior Director of Special Events and Women’s Board, Director of Special Events & Special Events Associates (2)
Time commitment: Monday to Friday (9:00am - 5:00pm)
Special Event assistance as needed
Compensation: Course credit available; $30 travel stipend per week
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to prove a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
This internship will prove the opportunity to work on a variety of projects for the Special Events department to help us reach our important fundraising and stewardship goals that are crucial to Lyric’s success.
Project/duties include but are not limited to:
- Perform general clerical duties - filing, copying, mail fulfillment
- Update Events handbook and other procedural manuals as assigned
- Assist in data entry using the Tessitura platform
- Assist with all Development department events as needed
- Assist with various mailings for events and initiatives
- Enter RSVPs into Tessitura and maintain event records
- Edit and produce various print materials, including invitations, escort and place cards, etc.
Required knowledge and skills:
Successful candidates must have superior organizational skills and a genuine passion for order. Must be detail oriented and be able to handle multiple tasks proficiently. Excellent oral and written communication skills are a must. Computer literacy is required, with an emphasis in Word, Excel, and the Windows environment.
How to Apply
Please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.