CPS Dress Rehearsals
2018/19 Dress Rehearsal OfferingsElektra by Richard Strauss
Wednesday, January 30, 2019 at 1:00 pm
*Wait list only
Application Deadline: Friday, January 18, 3:00pm
La Traviata by Giuseppe Verdi
Wednesday, February 13, 2019 at 1:00 pm
Application Deadline: Friday, February 1, 3:00pm
An American Dream by Jack Perla and Jessica Murphy Moo
Thursday, March 14, 2019 at 11:00 am at Harris Theater
Application Deadline: Friday, February 22, 3:00pm
*available for all schools
- For CPS student groups, grades 6 -12
- Maximum request – 60 passes per school
- A wait list of schools will be generated once availability is depleted
- Schools must complete a simple application (contact name, school info, ability to acquire transport, principal approval, why they are interested in the program)
- NOTE: These are dress rehearsals, not performances. The rehearsal may be interrupted at any time and singers might not use full voice.
- NOTE: Final dress rehearsals include a diverse mixture of audience members. While student seats will be grouped together by school, there may be other schools, as well as a variety of other opera patrons in attendance.
Lyric Unlimited is Lyric Opera of Chicago’s department dedicated to education, community engagement, and new artistic initiatives.
Major support provided by the Nancy W. Knowles Student and Family Performances Fund. Performances for Students are supported by an Anonymous Donor, Baird, the John W. and Rosemary K. Brown Family Foundation, Bulley & Andrews LLC, The Jacob and Rosalie Cohn Foundation, the Dan J. Epstein Family Foundation, the General Mills Foundation, John Hart and Carol Prins, the Dr. Scholl Foundation, the Segal Family Foundation, the Bill and Orli Staley Foundation, the Donna Van Eekeren Foundation, Mrs. Roy I. Warshawsky, andMichael Welsh and Linda Brummer.
Lyric Unlimited was launched with major catalyst funding from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation and receives major support from the Caerus Foundation, Inc.