Associate Director of Corporate, Foundation & Government Support
Reports to: Director of Corporate, Foundation & Government Support
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
We are searching for an Associate Director of Corporate, Foundation and Government Support.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Expand involvement and provide account service (Bravo Circle support) to portfolio of corporate and foundation funding sources from $5,000 - $25,000 level. Build and maintain key relationships with specified corporate and foundation stakeholders; monitor the delivery of donor benefits, striving for value-added results.
- In conjunction with Director of Corporate, Foundation and Government Support, assist in the creation of strategies, write proposals and letters, and market funding opportunities to new sources of corporate and foundation support for annual, project and event goals.
- In conjunction with Director of Corporate, Foundation and Government Support, coordinate activities of the Business Ensemble, including member events
- Interface with internal departments including Marketing, Lyric Unlimited, Ticketing and Business Office to accommodate donors and ensure that recognition and visibility is accurate and appropriate.
- Manage relationships in all aspects with Lyric Opera’s official airline, American Airlines
- Focus on Lyric Young Professionals institutional funders; work with Director of Chapters and Guild Board for membership expansion of both through corporations
- Together with the Annual Campaign team, create and execute targeted solicitation plan for mid-range corporations and family foundations
- Perform other duties related to broader departmental operations and special events, and complete ad-hoc projects, as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Business, Arts Management or equivalent experience
- Professional experience in the Development field, to include: a minimum of 3 years in solicitation of corporate, foundation, and government donors; demonstrated expertise in developing/maintaining strategic stakeholder relationships; a successful track record in proposal writing and planning/administration of donor recognition activities
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to modify tone and communications vehicle to best suit the audience. Fluency in Spanish is highly desirable.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain a polished, professional demeanor suitable for our highest level patron base.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and accomplish results while providing best-in-class patron/customer service.
- Ability to think beyond the present; problem-solve.
- Working knowledge of and comfort working with:
- Microsoft suite of products
- CRM expertise (Tessitura a strong plus)
- Ability to occasionally oversee evening or weekend functions, deployments or performances.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.