Reports to: Development Coordinator
Time Commitment: 15-25 hours per week, 3 or more days
Season: Fall/Early Winter 2017 (September-December)
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
This internship will provide the opportunity to work on a variety of projects in preparation for Lyric’s 2017/18 season. This position will assist all major areas of Development, including Donor Services, Annual and Planned Giving, Individual Giving, Institutional Partnerships, Women’s Board, Chapters, Guild Board, and Young Professionals.
PROJECTS/DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Assist with direct mail pieces, including proofing, editing, design input, and distribution
- Research projects and utilize Tessitura for data entry and organization of information
- Provide general assistance at key events such as Opening Night Opera Ball, Operathon, Lyric Signature Events, and others
- Perform general clerical duties (filing, copying, mailing) as needed
- Additional projects specific to each Development area as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Candidates must have excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills. Projects require the ability to prioritize and efficiently manage multiple tasks while ensuring timely completion of all duties required. Ideal candidates will have a strong work ethic with sensitivity to confidential information and the ability to work independently as well as a member of a team. Proficiency in Microsoft Office products (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher) also necessary.
Although internships are unpaid, a $30 weekly travel stipend is offered.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please send your resume and cover letter, denoting the position of interest, to email@example.com.