Vision + Mission
• To be the great North American opera company for the twenty-first century, uniquely placed to provide an indispensable cultural service to the city of Chicago and the nation.
• To be recognized globally for our world-class artistic excellence and innovation, for engaging and inspiring large and diverse audiences, and for the quality and relevance of the enrichment that we offer to communities throughout the Chicago region.
• To make a significant and groundbreaking contribution to the development of our art form. To achieve growth and longevity through fiscal responsibility and increased financial capacity.
We believe in the life-changing, transformational, revelatory power of great art and opera. Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep, and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera by:
• Producing and performing consistently thrilling, world-class opera, with a balanced repertoire that encompasses core classics, lesser-known masterpieces, and new works.
• Creating a diverse, innovative, wide-ranging program of community engagement and education activities that reaches the widest possible public.
• Developing exceptional emerging operatic talent.