Ticket Program Sales Manager
to: Director of Marketing
: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
We are searching for a Ticket Program Sales Manager to coordinate Lyric Opera’s special ticket program sales initiatives including NExT, Encore, Corporate Sales and Lyric Express. This Manager will build out comprehensive sales plans for both the opera season and the American Musical Theater Initiative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Develop sales programs to sell tickets to college students, corporations, young professionals and within underserved communities in the Chicagoland market.Maintain close watch on sales to ensure we are marketing appropriate inventory and adjusting plan as necessary to reflect sales strategy.
- Monitor and adhere to the budget as it relates to individual programs.
- Ensure market share growth for Lyric’s NExT, Encore, Corporate Sales and Lyric Express ticket selling programs, by creating, managing and executing the marketing plan to include:
- providing input into the marketing strategy
- developing budgets
- developing growth strategies for each program
- researching the Chicagoland area to identify opportunities for new and underserved communities to attend Lyric Opera performances
- identifying barriers to attendance for each group (i.e. ticket cost, familiarity with opera, transportation, cultural/language issues) and creating a strategy to assist in diminishing these barriers.
- Act as a Lyric Opera representative with a wide audience of potential partners in the community (e.g., music school administrators, universities, church leaders, community organizers, affinity groups, and other cultural and niche groups).
- Create an effective system for tracking and reporting on prospects and cultivation.
- Spearhead the creation of collateral materials, including print, digital, and grassroots contact methods, with appropriate messaging for target audiences.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Business or equivalent experience
- More than 3 years of sales experience, with particular focus on the performing arts industry and individual ticket sales
- Working knowledge of and comfort working with:
- Microsoft suite of products
- CRM expertise (Tessitura a strong plus)
- Project management principles
- Sales pipeline management
- Financial forecasting
- Outstanding communication skills with the ability to negotiate effective partnerships
- Demonstrated listening skills to identify the unique needs and interests of individual organizations and groups
- Demonstrated bias for results.
- Superior budgeting and financial reconciliation skills
- Demonstrated experience securing and articulating defensible returns on investment
- Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
- Spanish language skills desirable
- A professional demeanor as a community representative of Lyric Opera
- Ability to occasionally oversee evening or weekend functions, deployments or performances
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward a resume and cover letter denoting the position of interest to email@example.com or mail to: Lyric Opera of Chicago, Attention: Human Resources, 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 860, Chicago, IL 60606.