Technical Department Intern
Position: Internship for Technical Department
Time Commitment: 20-25 hours per week
Duration of position: As needed: June – August or September-December
From the scenery to the costumes, props, lighting, sound and wigs and make-up—the Lyric Opera Technical Department is responsible for all the visual aspects of a production. That responsibility involves a lot of inter-departmental coordination, planning, budgeting and creativity. The Technical Department Intern will have the opportunity to see how all those elements come together.
Projects/duties may include but are not limited to:
• Researching potential future production rentals
• Documenting past and upcoming productions
• Archiving production materials
• Assisting in revamping the Health and Safety program
• Production scheduling and budgeting
• Design research for production designers or technical director
Required Knowledge and Skills: The successful candidate will be motivated, detail oriented, possess excellent organizational skills and have the ability to prioritize multiple tasks effectively. Strong oral and written communication skills are a must. Proficiency with MS Word, Excel, and online research strategies are required. Adobe Photoshop and/or AutoCAD would be a plus. Interest and/or experience in arts administration, theatre production, and design is preferred.