Production Coordinator, Marketing
Reports to: Associate Director of Marketing
Status: Full-time, Exempt
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
Lyric Opera’s marketing department is seeking a detail-oriented Production Coordinator to provide project management for the creation of Lyric Opera collateral materials including, but not limited to, direct mail, print and out of home advertising, house programs, and institutional display needs.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Under the guidance of department leadership, create an annual departmental schedule of all direct mail and collateral materials which drive sales of subscriptions, single tickets, and special events. Schedules must include deadlines for placement, art submission deadlines, and budget implications.
• Identify and bid to vendor partners to realize these projects, including printers, mail and data services providers, graphic designers.
• Serve as traffic manager to ensure on-time production and delivery of all marketing collateral, from creation of timeline through design, proofing, printing, delivery and fulfillment.
• Coordinate all aspects of a complex annual direct mail program as liaison with data services providers and direct mail house. Responsibilities include: development/monitoring of production schedules, project budgets, and print deliveries; postal requirements; outside list acquisitions and fulfillment; mailing list compilation; and mailing approvals.
• Stay abreast of industry best practices and recommend efficiencies and advances which would benefit the company and ticket sales.
• Coordinate the print and delivery schedule of the house program as well as coordination of house
program ads and house program inserts.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
• Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university in Marketing, Business or equivalent
• At least two years of prior project management experience in a deadline-driven workplace.
• Working knowledge of and comfort working with:
o Microsoft suite of products
o Digital, offset and web printing industries
o Color correction and press check processes
o Postal regulations
o Direct mail principles and processes
• Outstanding communication skills to clearly convey instructions and seamlessly coordinate work
functions between multiple partners.
• Highly detail-oriented
• Knowledge of Tessitura CRM a plus.
• Prior budget maintenance experience.
• Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
• A professional demeanor as a community representative of Lyric Opera
• Ability to occasionally oversee evening or weekend functions or performances.
• Sitting for extended periods of time.
• Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward a resume and cover letter denoting the position of interest to email@example.com or mail to: Lyric Opera of Chicago, Attention: Human Resources, 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 860, Chicago, IL 60606.