Music Library Internship
Position: Music Library
Time Commitment: Part-time or Full-time
Summer: June – August
- Assist Librarians with the maintenance of collection including cataloguing, shelving, and general organization of materials
- Assist in musical preparation of Gala concerts as supervised
- Assist Stage Management and Direction with the cataloguing and organization of Production Scores
Other Projects May Include:
- Assist Librarians with music preparations: marking bowings, proofreading, photocopying and binding
- Copying rehearsal figures in full scores and piano vocal scores
- Assist Librarians with production and chorus score preparation: photocopying, binding and labeling
- Assist Librarians in score circulation
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge/Skills: Successful applicants must exhibit a close attention to detail, ability to work independently, and ability to follow instructions. Candidate must be music literate with a strong background in the performing arts (music theatre, operatic, or orchestral), either from prior work experience or current degree program. Computer literacy is required, with an emphasis in Microsoft Office.
How to apply:
Please forward a resume and cover letter denoting the position of interest to email@example.com or mail to: Lyric Opera of Chicago, Attention: Human Resources, 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 860, Chicago, IL 60606.