Youth Opera Council
The Youth Opera Council is a new program
for high school students who are passionate about opera and want to
learn more about the inner-workings of a professional opera company.
Council members will have unique
learning and leadership opportunities working closely with Lyric Opera staff
to develop programs and events that are of interest to members and their peers. Members are selected through a competitive interview process.
- Assist in developing Lyric's first Youth Opera Council.
- Gain an inside look at a
professional opera company from Lyric staff, artists, and volunteers.
- Attend dress rehearsals,
performances, and special events.
- Create unique ways to share your
passion for opera with your peers.
- Provide insight and feedback about
your experience at Lyric Opera.
- Must have a demonstrated interest in opera and the performing arts.
- Must be a high school student
(grades 9 - 12).
- Attend meetings twice a month at
Lyric Opera of Chicago (limited funding is available to assist with travel
- Members are expected to make
attendance at meetings and events from October to May a priority.
Applications for the 2013/14 Youth Opera Council are no longer being accepted. If you submitted an application you will be notified via email by October 5 regarding your application status. If you have any
questions, email us at email@example.com.