Ticketing Call Center Assistant
Position: Ticketing Call Center Representative
Reports to: Phone Sales Supervisor
Status: Part-time (up to 29 hrs/wk), Seasonal, Non-Exempt
Lyric Opera of Chicago exists to provide a broad, deep and relevant cultural service to the Chicago region and the nation, and to advance the development of the art form of opera.
Our Seasonal Call Center Assistants provide stellar customer service as they engage Lyric patrons in inbound and outbound interactions. Are you the smiling voice we need on our Part-time Seasonal Call Center team? The answer is yes if:
- you answer inbound calls focused on selling the right tickets (not just any tickets) to your caller
- you seize opportunities to cross- and up-sell
- you are proud of your demonstrated sales results
- you naturally balance enthusiasm and professionalism
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- answering inbound patron calls, in a timely manner with the intent to sell
- initiate outbound patron calls with enthusiasm to sell
- demonstrate the savvy sales skills to cross-sell and up-sell to best suit the patrons’ interests and receptivity
- cross-train with other ticketing staff on Lyric sales tactics and initiatives
- serve as back-up to Lyric’s primary Receptionist as needed/scheduled
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- demonstrated customer service experience
- demonstrated ability to maximize customer/patron retention and sales
- Ticketing and/or phone sales experience a plus
- Working knowledge of and comfort working with:
- Microsoft suite of products (particularly Excel)
- CRM expertise (Tessitura a strong plus)
- Outstanding telephone communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated detail orientation and aptitude to stay organized
- Ability to work and think independently, a motivated self-starter who also works well in a larger team.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to operate a computer keyboard, mouse, and to handle other office equipment.
- Ticketing core business hours:
- Monday – Friday 9:00am – 7:30pm
- Saturday 10:00am – 7:30pm
- Sunday 10:00am – 5:00pm
- Most shifts will be scheduled with a morning/evening split
- Starting wage: $10/hr
HOW TO APPLY:
Please forward a resume and cover letter denoting the position of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
or mail to: Lyric Opera of Chicago, Attention: Human Resources, 20 N. Wacker Drive, Suite 860, Chicago, IL 60606.